Wednesday 10 September 2014

"CAPSLOCK DAILY- THE FAULT IN OUR STARS REVIEW" @CAPSLOCKDAILY #TFOIS #THEFAULTINOURSTARS #Romance #Drama #Movie


 THE FAULT IN OUR STARS REVIEW

ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED IN THIS BLOG POST ARE MY OWN SO PLEASE DO NOT BREAK MY HEART </3 I CRI EVRI TIM3


Genre: Drama and Romance





Target Audience: Teens
Rating:  4/5
Before even watching the film ‘The Fault in Our Stars’, I suggest you reading the book. When you finish reading the book you will have a slight image in your head on what the characters look like and when you begin watching the film… IT IS EXACTLY HOW YOU IMAGINED. The film is based around two teens (Girl and Boy) that have cancer but are completely different to one another. One is a cheerful, funny and loving guy called Gus and the other is an innocence, quiet and waiting to die girl called Hazel wanting to minimize the impact her dying would have. Hazel’s personality changes dramatically when she meets Gus at a cancer support group.

As much as Hazel tries to prevent herself from letting Gus into her life and quote from the movie said by Gus “I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things”. The chemistry between these two actors is so extremely good that makes the movie feel so realistically. You may be thinking… ‘It’s just another love story’…. NO it isn't! It’s a story about two teenagers that have fallen in-love but the effects of cancers prevents them from enjoying their life. I think if cancer (death) wasn't involved in this film, it wouldn't be as beautiful as it is.
My favourite moment in the film and what I was waiting for from reading the book is the trip to Netherlands. In that trip they forget everything about having cancer and just enjoy their company as if they are living in a bubble that can’t be affected by the corruption of the world. I agree the target audience is quite weird… as teenagers shouldn't be depressing their selves over cancer but it’s a great way to show that bad things to occur and you shouldn't allow them to consume you.

The film is full of quotes that are memorable and that helps you see the world in a different light like “You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, old man, but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices. I hope she like hers.” It sounds so deep but when watching the film and reading book it doesn't feel as weird as it sounds. You get put into a whole different world and are so engaged in the film that for that time length nothing matters. I DID NOT cry over the film, but I felt emotional a bit. Hazel said something along the lines as ‘you gave me a forever within a number of days’ which left me upset as the actor played her role so well that I felt bad for a week that she would die in real life!


The only reason I rated it a 4/5 is because I wanted to see how Hazel turned out, when did she die, did she get consumed by depression, did she go back to her old self. All these questions yet no answers have been provided. In some cases I prefer it as it allows you to imagine your own ending rather than being disappointed with the ending that could be shown in the film. 
                  Verzak

No comments:

Post a Comment